Basic Info required - is is possible to open a SQLlite DB file, then "unnormalise" data from multiple tables into one Excel 2016 sheet?

Dec 14, 2015 at 11:28 PM
Edited Dec 14, 2015 at 11:38 PM
Does this work in Excel 2016?

I have to admit, opening the "SQLiteForExcel.xls" spreadsheet, I couldn't find a way to connect to the an SQLLite DB file. Running the "TestOpenClose" macro simply resulted in a crash as as the file could not be found.

OK, so there are multiple references to "C:\TestSqlite3ForExcel.db3" through the modules, but updating this to point to my "config.db" still resulted in a crash on attempting to open the file.

The "config.db" file can be opened in the SQLlite browser.

What I'm ultimately after is a way to extract data from multiple tables and re-combine it as an unnormalised dataset in a single sheet. Hopefully, I can automate this procedure in Excel. The purpose ids to recover a broken system, to re-import data back into a new system which unfortunately, the Import GUI mechanism requires a single, unnormalised data set.

Is this possible?
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2015 at 6:50 AM
You should get the sample to work first.
I suspect the problem is that it can't creat the file in you root directory. Maybe just add a path, change it to C:\Temp\Test.db3 everywhere.

Don't use your own file, it gets deleted in the end.

Once you have the sample working, you can work out the rest, or ask more specific questions here.

-Govert